January 25, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 9

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." (Marcus Aurelius Antoninus)
Art by me :)
This is SO true. When I think about my workout, it's ridiculous how much time I spend procrastinating on it.  Just the thought of getting ready for sport still takes me out of my comfort zone, even though it is getting easier from day to day. I believe that at some point, doing the workout will come as natural to me as brushing my teeth.

I also started the workout much earlier today, and it feels great to have free time now. I don't need to think about doing the workout anymore and  order to get up earlier, I would have to go to bed before 6AM. Staying up late just doesn't encourage early rising. :)

I am sorry if I am sounding a little uninspired today, but I lost this post twice already for two different reasons, and my writing just isn't getting any better. ;)


The Diet

As I have decided to start my new meal plan on Monday, and just go easy until then, there is nothing new on this front. Today I had:

  • a sandwich with some butter and lettuce for breakfast
  • P.'s special chicken (chicken with creme fraiche sauce and mashed potatoes)
This is really easy to make: 
1) Fry some onions and add chicken
2) While chicken is cooking, prepare mashed   
     potatoes (either ready made, or from scratch)
3) Add approx. 100ml water to the onions and 
    chicken
4) Add a cube of vegetable brought and let it cook   
    for a while
5) Add creme fraiche or just plain cream, or even 
    natural yogurt and let it simmer
6) If it's still too runny after a couple of minutes, 
    just add some flour and it will thicken up
Enjoy :)

This is my most favorite sauce ever. It also tastes great with some ham and pasta. Instead of the chicken, just fry some ham with the onions and serve with the pasta of your choice. It also tastes great to tortellini, if you add some nutmeg. 

Oh, and I nearly forgot! Today I ate something very special form France: A "galette des rois". It's a traditional little cake, made out of flaky pastry and an almond filling that is eaten to celebrate the three holy kings. (Please don't ask me what day that is) The funny thing about this cake is that there is a little porcelain figure hidden in it. The youngest usually gets under the table and tells the person cutting the cake, who the next slice is for. After everyone has been handed a slice they eat it carefully. Whoever finds the figure in his slice, is king for the day. Sounds cool at first, but P. couldn't actually tell me any benefits that the king has for the rest of the day. When P. found out that I had never heard of such a cake or tradition, he asked his dad to send us one, and it arrived today. P. cut the cake into four slices and I was allowed decide who got which piece - and guess who found the figure? MEEEEE! (P. was not impressed, he hates losing) 

sorry for the bad quality
The figure is also reeeeally ugly! Looks more like a guy, with one large eyebrow, dressed up as an angle :D

Cardio

Cardio was pretty good today, as I only needed to take three short breaks. My knee has stopped hurting, and I didn't have any other pains. I was more focused on being light on my feet today, and I could really feel the difference. As this cardio is very heavy on the legs, it is important to figure out a way to be more buoyant on my feet. 

Here is the playlist for today: 

  • Will.I.Am feat. Britney Spears - Scream and shout
  • Usher - Scream
  • Rihanna - We found love
  • Taio Cruz - There she goes (all time favorite :))
  • Inna - High
  • LMFAO - Sexy and I know it
  • Pittbull - Back in time (very good for the last five minutes)

Workout

"Same procedure as every [...]" day :) Arms and abs are getting easier and I managed the legs part completely today. 



While preparing a different Tracy related post, I was wondering how many people feel that the standing abs part is superfluous? 

I'd like to know your thoughts before I share mine:) 


I am looking forward to the review of the first 10 workout days tomorrow and maybe I'll make this video I've been talking about. I can already feel changes in my body, and now I can't wait to see if the measuring tape supports my subjective feeling. 

This is it for today, take care, 

Shauna






1 comment:

  1. The 3 kings comes always the first Saturday of January :)

    ReplyDelete